Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go...."

Ok, so that's a lie. My bags aren't packed yet, and I'm not quite ready to go.

It's hard to believe I can now say this, but here it is: I leave for Germany tomorrow. That just hasn't sunk in for me yet. Where exactly does time go?

I feel like I've done nothing the past three days except run errands. Yesterday we had family pictures taken. This was the last time we could do that with just the five of us since I'm leaving and Amanda is getting married next summer. Then today my mom and I transferred the registration for my car into her name. It was just a little sad because it was my first car. I went through high school and four years of college without a car, so the Sentra meant a lot to me. Besides that, it's just a good little car. While we were at the government building I tried to renew my driver's license too, but they wouldn't let me since it doesn't actually expire until next July. So, I guess that's one more thing to add to the agenda when I come back for Amanda's wedding.

Several people have asked me recently how I'm feeling about going to Germany, and honestly I don't really have any strong feelings right now. I think the busyness of preparing to go has overwhelmed everything else. A bit of nervous excitement has set in, and because of that I haven't slept well for the past four or five days, but other than that I'm doing okay so far. We'll see what tomorrow's trip to the airport brings, though....

Thank you all for your encouragement, well-wishes, concerns, and prayers. They are much appreciated and needed. Thanks also to those of you who have contributed financially to this effort. I firmly believe that mission work is a partnership. God calls some to go and others to stay. It takes all of these people working together to accomplish the Lord's work. So, I appreciate your desire to spread the gospel in Germany and for partnering with me.

Since my suitcases are looking lonely and I still have much to do, I bid you farewell for now. See you on the other side of "the pond...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you very much. And it's been hard to imagine you just not being here. Take care of yourself.

B0Z said...

I miss you. Please contact us when you are able and let us know how and when you want to visit online. I love you.