Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear Mom

Twenty-seven years ago today, my mom endured 12 hours of agony.

And she did it for me.

Thanks, Mom, for bringing me into the world. Thanks for being my mom and for putting up with me for the past 27 years! I know I've caused you more than a few moments of grief over the years.

Thanks for all the times you've gone without something yourself so that we kids could have it instead. Thanks for teaching me to be thrifty so that my money goes as far as possible. Thanks for encouraging me to be creative. Thanks for supporting me in all of my after-school activities growing up and for coming to all of my school plays and choir concerts. Thanks for cheering me on during my softball games, even when I just picked dandelions in the outfield and when I was too petrified to swing when I was at bat.

Thanks for loving me.

Love you, Mom, and thanks for giving me a birthday to celebrate.

No comments: