Friday, September 04, 2009

Newsletter and a quick update

I think I've finally just accepted that I can't keep up with the blog.

For all those who have been following my life and work in Bremen through this site, thank you for checking in, especially when I haven't been good about updating regularly. Your comments and prayers have meant so much to me! I know that God hears and answers the prayers that you offer.

The short version of my current situation:

I've been busy meeting and reading in the Bible with various contacts and am still teaching the 4- to 6-year old Sunday School class. Next weekend is the European Singles Retreat, and I'm part of the team planning it. I've also started helping Elsa with preparations for the ETM (Evangelism Training and Media) course that will begin in a few weeks. I'm so glad that this training program designed by Jim is continuing! It's a great opportunity for Christians to strengthen their prayer lives and to pinpoint which gifts God's given them and how they can better use those gifts for God's glory.

After much prayer and consideration I've decided to continue my work in Bremen. God has blessed me immensely in my time here and has given me opportunities to teach and to serve. Summit church of Christ in Cold Spring, Kentucky, has agreed to fill the role of my sponsoring congregation, and September marks the official beginning of my working relationship with them.

As part of my working agreement with Summit, I will be sending out monthly newsletters. If you did not get the one that I sent on August 27th but would like to receive it and future newsletters, please let me know. If you don't have my email address, you can post a comment here with your email address, and I'll add you to my list. (I moderate all comments, so only I will see what you write. I don't post comments that contain personal information.) If you DID receive the newsletter from last week, you're on my address list and should receive my newsletter each month. Please let me know if you don't receive it at some point.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and encouraging comments! May the Lord bless you in your work for Him. And for those in the States: Enjoy the holiday weekend! :)

No comments: