Friday, December 29, 2006

Seeing the sights around the neighborhood

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was out, and even though it was a little cold, the wind wasn't really blowing. Bremen doesn't get many days like that in December! So, I decided to go for a walk, and I took my camera with me. Several of you have asked to see some pictures of my neighborhood and of the city, so here you go:


The red building is my apartment building. The building in the center has an orthopedic shoe and artificial limb shop on the ground floor, and the one on the right is a Korean Kimchi restaurant. I guess you could say it's a diverse street.


The Lutheran church that's practically right across the street from my apartment. I don't know how often they normally have services, but on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, the bells were ringing every hour and a half or so, and they rang for 15 minutes straight. On a side note, to me the building looks more like a castle than a church building, but I suppose they didn't ask me what I thought....


St. Jürgen Krankenhaus, the hospital that sits across from the end of my street. Rest assured, if there's ever an emergency, I can walk there in about 2 minutes. Though I guess if it really was an emergency I should be running, not walking, so I suppose I could get there in less than 2 minutes....


The Weser River. People have told me I live really close to the river, but I didn't really realize it until today. From my apartment I can walk down to the river in less than 10 minutes. By the way, those tall, skinny things on the left side are part of Bremen's stadium, where Werder Bremen, Bremen's soccer team, plays and where people like Bon Jovi get to perform.

More to come....

1 comment:

B0Z said...

That was pretty cool! Do you live on the 2nd or 3rd floor? Looks like you live in a nice neighborhood. I will print your post and take it Sunday so people can see where you live.

Love you!

Dad