Thursday, February 01, 2007

My new favorite thing

I got a washing machine! Never in my life have I been so excited about the opportunity to wash clothes.

It's used but it still runs great. I got it from an appliance store that came highly recommended by Elsa. The store apparently was opened by two brothers after one became upset at the dishonesty of the company where he was working. Elsa took me to the store last week, and one of the brothers recommended a used "Miele," which he described as the "Mercedes of washing machines." According to him, Mieles will easily last 20 years, so he saw this washer as still dependable even though it's about 8 years old. He also said they would buy it back from me when I leave Bremen in 2 years, which I thought said something about his trust in the machine and gives me one less thing to worry about getting rid of when I leave.

So, I got the Miele. And I love it. :-) No more hiking across town to do my laundry.

They even gave me - at no cost - a part I needed that the last renters apparently took with them when they moved out.

So, if you ever find yourself in Bremen and in need of a household appliance, I suggest you visit the Vural brothers. You can tell them I sent you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nifty.

I miss you! I'm glad to hear you're doing well, though. :)

Anonymous said...

LIIIIIIIIIIISHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you. If you're gonna be around on friday at all, let me know. I'll be around the house during the morning and maybe we could get online and chat. It's been awhile. I love you. Take care of yourself.