Thursday, December 04, 2008

A few prayer requests...and some great news!

Is it really December already?!

I arrived safely in Bremen on Tuesday after a wonderful visit to Chemnitz. Next time I'll write more about the trip, but for tonight I'm going to keep this (hopefully) short. I'm fighting the beginnings of a sinus infection and hope to get to bed early tonight.

Okay, the news first...*drum roll please*...My residency permit was renewed yesterday! Yay! Now I am legal again. :) My old permit expired on the 1st, and I had a strange feeling on Tuesday knowing that I was technically illegally in the country. I guess if something had happened and someone needed to see my passport, I could have shown them the letter from the foreigners' office with the information about my appointment. Anyway, I'm very thankful that everything went smoothly with the renewal.

And now for the prayer requests:

1) On Monday Elsa met with Kai (Rainer couldn't come) for the weekly English Bible study, and from what Elsa has said, it was a very good study. Please pray for Kai and Rainer as they continue to read in God's Word that what they are reading might become more personal for them. They seem to be very curious and are asking some very good, thoughtful questions, which shows us they're thinking. It would be great to see them begin to apply what we're reading to their own lives.

2) My friend Sujin went to Bangkok a couple weeks ago to begin mission work with a congregation there. I'm sure you've heard or read about all the trouble that has gone on there over the past couple weeks with the protests at the airports, and Sujin has asked for prayers. I know things have settled down since the premier resigned, but please remember Sujin and the church in Bangkok in your prayers. I'm sure Sujin was not expecting a political crisis to occur just a week after she arrived in Thailand.

3) Another friend, Teresa, and her husband, Craig, work with the church in Mumbai, India. Please pray for them and the church there as the city recovers from the attacks last week.

I think that's about it. I'll share more about my Chemnitz trip in the next couple days. Thanks for checking in on me and for your prayers for me and the work in Bremen, as well as for the others I've mentioned. Also, please let me know if there is anything I can pray about for you. God bless, and I pray you are staying warm wherever you are!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Congrats for the permission, glad we'll have you here some more!!!