Sunday, November 02, 2008

Good news!

I need to head to bed so I can get up early to work at Elsa's, so I'll try to post a fuller update tomorrow, but for now I wanted to share some REALLY good news.

Jürgen, who has been reading through the Bible for most of this year and who has been studying with Rüdiger over the past couple months, has decided to take on the Lord in baptism. His wife, Simone, was baptized at the end of December last year. He started coming to church off and on earlier this year and for the past couple months has been coming regularly. We are all naturally thrilled that he has made the decision, both for what it means for his life and because we are gaining a new brother. Simone, who generally is a very upbeat person as it is, was practically floating this morning. :)

The baptism is planned for next Sunday, and Mark and Karen will be coming to town from Chemnitz for it. Please pray for Jürgen that he might have the strength to live the life that accompanies this decision and that he will continue to study and to grow in his relationship with the Lord.

Thanks for your continued prayers for me and for the congregation here. Enjoy your Sunday (and the extra hour of sleep if you're in the U.S.). We turned the clocks back last weekend. All who know me well know that I always appreciate any chance to sleep a bit longer. :) Gott mit Dir!

No comments: